Temp Life at Some of America's Most Notorious Legal Sweatshops
Monday, September 13, 2010
The Autumn Of Discontent
I hope TTT writes about the new payment model being used by all of the agencies: rates are low. - OT is rare and starts at 40 not 35. - More of flat rates. - No osha guidelines whatsoever---inoperable bathrooms, non-ergomanic chairs, locked fire exits. - Some places do not even provide air since client will not pay for it. - Others do not even provide drinking water which is required by law. - A posting with links of agencies and how to report hazardous environs needs to be published.
Helene Diamond's ridiculous questionnaire. Don't buy into the b.s. They are only interested in your response to question #8. As the overworn cliche goes, you can apply Mascara and pile on 20 layers of make-up to a pig, but it is still just a pig. No matter how you cut it, providing a representation as to an estimated rate of review of documents without actually seeing or handling the documents is clearly unethical.
QUESTIONS FOR DOCUMENT REVIEW CANDIDATES
1) What types of issues have you looked for in the course of your reviews? Forensic accounting, FCPA, patent, pharma reviews/technical issues, FDA regulatory issues, financial issues a) Are you usually looking at one particular issue or several? b) Are they discrete or complex?
2) What is the extent of discretion you have used in reviewing the documents? a) Is the review essentially objective or subjective in nature? b) Is the decision regarding whether the issue is implicated clear on the face of the document or does it require thoughtful consideration?
3) In what types of cases have you been involved? a) Are they criminal or civil? b) What has been the nature of the civil cases, i.e claim disputes, patent issues, securities issues, pharmaceutical matters, class actions? c) Are they on the plaintiff’s side or defense?
4) What has been the purpose of the reviews?
5) What types of electronic platforms or systems have you used?
6) What other functions have you done in the databases, i.e. running searches?
7) What is the range in size of the reviews, i.e. how many documents in total?
8) What is the rate of review, i.e. how many documents can you review in one day on average?