Wednesday, September 02, 2009
More Solo Cheerleader Shysters
Look at what I received from the State of Texas Bar "job agent" today (below). Looks like there is a huge proliferation of shysters trying to make money off the unemployed by setting you up as a "solo." LOL!
We work directly with the Placement Centers of many of the State and Local Bar Associations across the nation. It is our common goal to help our members develop their careers and income through placement and counseling services. As you can imagine with this slowing economy, there are many incredibly qualified and talented attorneys seeking career assistance. Whether you are a recent law graduate, associate, or former partner; law firms are making it very clear that unless you can bring a considerable book of business with you, the chances of the firm extending an offer is greatly reduced until the economy improves greatly. So what do you do until then?
- Quit practicing law?
- Just keep looking until the economy improves?
- Build your Book of Business as you continue your search
For an attorney, "quitting" is never an option and unless you have deep resources, waiting 8-24 months for the economy to turn might not be economically feasible either. We believe the most important and successful approach for your career is to develop your own book of business (working) while you continue your search and to keep your resumes work history active as an attorney. This means "Going Solo" and establishing your law practice while you search. That might sound a little scary, lonely and perhaps even costly to most attorneys coming from an established firm, but it doesn't have to be if you go about it the right way.
We would like to recommend a new and cost effective solution for attorneys who are looking to "Go Solo" as an interim solution to their employment situation. It is GoSoloEsq.com.
GoSoloEsq.com provides attorneys with the ability to establish a Solo Practice and complete Virtual Law Office for as little as $129 a month. That includes the Virtual services, Office services, and Networking services. Below is a list of included services:
- Virtual Law Office (available in over 400 US cities)
- Professional address, call/mail center, client meeting rooms (all while working from home)
- Access to client meeting rooms as needed on an hourly basis
- Free meeting room office vouchers valued at $1,100
- "Lawyer to Lawyer" Case Referral (receive or refer with fee sharing)
- Mentoring Services (ask or offer your services to other members)
- Contract Attorney Work (take on contract work while you grow your client base)
- Ask The Experts Forum (interact with other solo attorneys by topic or specific area of law)
- Access to virtual or onsite staff (paralegals, legal secretaries, word processors)
- Online links to state forms, practice forms, templates and tools
* We guarantee you will receive referrals from the service each month or membership is free.
Click here for a full review of their services!
We understand that this might not be a solution for everyone during their employment transition, but if you find yourself contemplating "quitting" or "waiting" then at least take a look at what we have to offer. You might find "Going Solo" is just what you need to keep your career fresh, your talents sharp, your work history active, your employment value high, and your cash flow positive.
Take a moment to visit us at www.gosoloesq.com and see why "Going Solo" no longer means "Going it Alone."